[Vintage-race] BeaveRun 2009

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net;,fot@autox.team.net;,
Subject: [Vintage-race] BeaveRun 2009
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:00:00 -0500
By now most have you have gotten the blast I sent
about the 3 must do races for 2009. Now I want to
zero in on the one the means the most to me.
PVGPA/VRG Historic Races at BeaveRun.
  Good chance many of you have met me either at
one of the PVGPA events or at some other vintage
race so you know I look at this event both from
the PVGPA side of it and what they need to keep
the sponsors and all happy and from the driver
(and my wife makes sure I remember the spectators
and crew) side of it. I think we have come up
with a pretty good balance at BeaveRun. If you
take advantage of all that is offered over the 3
days you get a ton of track time, good parties
and plenty to see and do and surprisingly it all
seems to go pretty much according to plan and
schedule from getting you in and parked to making
sure your trailer tire gets fixed so you can head
out on time. I even have the driver's meetings
down pretty pat and for the most part you all are
so good that we get right through them with the
least amount of pain as possible.

  This year What can I say, this will be an
interesting year. I know we will all get through
it. Americans and I mean all of us both here in
the states and my friends north of the border
have a worldwide reputation of making it happen
when we really need to and I believe we will do
it again. That said do I expect this year to be a Bitch, YEAH!

  So a really good reason to come to my event It
is a proven muscle and brain relaxer. Come out
here and we do all of the thinking for you so all
you need to do is drive. A year's worth of work
and planning have gone into making this event go
off with as few as hitches as humanly possible.
We usually have 2 SCCA senior race stewards at
the track, plus the rest of our corner workers,
grid, safety, etc are all top regional SCCA
people. For those who may not know it but that
lady in pink in the grid was winning races on
tracks when for many of us our race cars still
had pedals! Working with the VRG is a treat.
Everyone there is into racing and wants to make
sure they have a good time which equates into you
having a good time and since the only money we
are interested in is what we can raise for our
charities not a dime of your entry fee is wasted
on anything (did I mention we are all volunteers)
You get to race your heart out, we do the work
and we both go home with a good feeling from
having a great time with great friends and
helping a group of people who really need our
help and even more so in the tough times ahead.
Another thing we seem to do better than anyone
else is reach in help those who need it.

As of right now you can go to
<http://www.cloverleaf-auto.com>www.cloverleaf-auto.com
and click the vintage racing button, click the
BeaveRun logo and go to 2009 you will find out
all about the new groups this year and I think
you are going to like them a lot, you can see
where you would now be grouped if you had run
last year, you can see the tentative schedule
(and we try to stay with it) and you can download
your entries and medical forms right now. Lock in
a place, get your discount now. I know it is
going to be a tough year and what we have done
for you is actually lowered our early bird entry
slightly from last year. You will also notice
that the cutoff date for the early entry is
EARLY. Our other member entry fees (VRG) are the
same as last year. There is a slight increase in
non-member entries and we had to raise the price
of dinner by $2.00. We still plan on having our
free driver and crew reception at the track on
Friday. We are also working on extending the Kart
racing throughout the weekend and as always Kris
will fit just about anyone who wants to try
Autocross into the weekend of Solo racing going
on in conjunction with our vintage races

Thanks
Ralph Steinberg
Director of Competition PVGPA BeaveRun