Re: [Vintage-race] Power Loss

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Power Loss
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:31:27 -0700
As long as we are telling stories (and good ones at that), here is one a
friend of my mine told me and I believe him.

Many years ago he headed to SoCal for a race at Willow Springs.  Back
then the paddock was not paved, just high desert gravel.  Sunday morning
he and his friends got to the track later than they normally do and his
warm up was just about to start.  He jumped into his car and went
straight out on the track.  Just before T3 he realized he was not alone.
A rattlesnake slithered up his leg and stared him in the eye.  "Please
let me out, I don't like all this noise and vibration."  Needless to
say, the racer pulled off and made a hasty exit-without getting bit.

Dick Ryan  650-312-4022  (24022)
Director of Global Insurance Management
Franklin Templeton Investments
One Franklin Parkway   960/4
San Mateo  CA  94403-1906
Fax  650-312-5830  (25830)

Notice:  All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.