Re: Electrical porblem help

To: "Jerry Burr" <zero260@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Electrical porblem help
From: "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:35:02 -0400
Jerry,
Getting hot has biggest impact on condensers.  I've seen this plenty of
times on lawn equipment running air cooled engines. Change them first. Bad
condensers can then cause arching in the points, pitting them and making
them less effective as well. Timing and dwell starts to wander, power drops
or engine may even die.

It is possible that heat can affect a coil as well, but if they are acting
up at temperature, you'll probably never be able to test them to know for
sure.  I'd recommend replacing them if after new points and condensers show
you still have and issue.  (keep the heat shield though, Sounds like a good
improvement.)

Why all the hassle at load vs no load?  The spark timing is critical to
making POWER, at no load, you don't have the POWER demand and can get fooled
into thinking things are OK.

Good Luck,
Dick Rz.