road america.....

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: road america.....
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:4:29 -0400
raod america....1800 miles of towing!
you guys have no idea how much it hurt to wave you all by going out for
sunday's race!
i'm about 2 hours of time away from test firing the repaired motor!
friday's pressure plate shattering was an unpleasant experience.   fixed
soon enough though!  but saturday's loss of compression(down to 30lbs in #1
cylinder) in the qualifier caused my early retirement!
when ya have 3 cylinders and loose 1 you end up with barely enough power to
pull the uphill on the front straight!
i had a great time meeting a bunch of names and put faces to those names at
this event!
traffic on course at times was a bit frightening being the (like this is a
shock?) smallest displacement car in our group.
but i came home and got to the business of repairing the saab with hopes of
getting to VIR for the SVRA season finale in october.
hmmm, i thought traffic on course was bad at times?   you should have seen
some of the stuff i saw while traveling to and from the event!

chuck
"that darn orange saab"
btw, those of you who are keeping track...the "lust bus#1" is heading for
383,000MI. now and more events in the future to tow to and from!   the all
"vintage " rig of a 1969 trailer and 1979 chevy van are a perfect
combination for the long haul!  :)  c.