RE: SCCA license

To: <John.Desantis@inficon.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SCCA license
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:48:41 -0800
You should be able to get either an SCCA Regional or Vintage license without
doing a school.  It depends on how many races you did in the last year.  The
racing requirements for each one is on the application form on the SCCA website.

I think it is, 2 vintage races with any club in the past year to get a Vintage
license.

I think it is, 2 regional races with the SCCA in the past year to get a
Regional license.

In some areas of the country the SCCA has vintage groups in the middle of a
regional race weekend.  Those vintage races do qualify as regionals towards a
regional license.

If you have done many vintage races in the past year, you can also go the
Divisional Licensing Chairman, in your division, and ask for a waiver.  He/She
will probably waive the requirement to have regional races to get a regional
license.

Dick Ryan  650-312-4022  (24022)
Director of Risk Management
Franklin Templeton Investments