RE: General Q... Head Gasket Orientation

To: "John Donohoe" <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: General Q... Head Gasket Orientation
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:29:34 -0700
Install it so that the small hole with the metal "ring" near the end of the
gasket (you can see it in the lower photo) is aligned with the corresponding
oil passage hole in the block (towards the rear of the block). I always
install it dry, except for around that same oil passage. I smear a really,
really thin coating of Hylomar on both sides of the gasket around that hole.
If I don't, I always get an oil "weep" at the head-block interface at that
point.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA