Re:Small batteries

To: 9laser3@bright.net
Subject: Re:Small batteries
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:44:16 GMT
I just bought a Mazda Miata battery for my MG Midget racer.  It is almost as
small as a lawn tractor battery, has 475 CCA, and is the Absorbed Glass Mat
technology.  I've only used it for one race weekend, so I don't know how
durable it will be.  It weighs 25lbs., which is eight pounds lighter than the
small Optima I replaced.  It is relatively inexpensive at about $85.  You can
find it at http://www.westcobattery.com/miata.html.

The racing supply stores sell some very small high-tech batteries, but they are
also very expensive.

The Optima is also great, I have them in all my vehicles.  I decided to try the
Miata one for the weight and size savings.  The Optima that was in the racecar
went into the MGA, where I am sure it will last for several more years.

David Littlefield

---------- "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net> writes:

  Looking for some weight savings.  What kind of small light weight
batteries are folks running out there?  This would be for a Datsun R16 (1600
cc) motor.

TIA,
Paul Kort
Sloan Racing