Las Vegas Speedway Gearing

To: "Vintage Race Net" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Las Vegas Speedway Gearing
From: <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:00:00 -0800
Good Morning Class,
Todays question..........
Who can tell me the best Hewland gear stack for a Lotus 61 formula Ford; for
the 9 turn, 1.1 mile 'inside' road course at Las Vegas Speedway?

Now I realize I can take my gear stack for Phoenix Intl Raceway (1.5 mile
course), throw them in the wifes washing machine and (since Hewland gears are
not sanforized) "shrink them" a little, but this would create an 'unfair
advantage' over the guys who's wives don't have a "wringer" washing machine!
(If you don't know what a "wringer" washing machine is, your TOO YOUNG to be
vintage racing!!).

So now that everyone has had a dose of my 'mid-morning wit', anyone out there
raced Vegas who can recommend a gear stack??

Thanks......
        Carl    HSR-West # 247 Lotus 61 formula Ford