Re: HANS and F1

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, varac@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: HANS and F1
From: Derek <derek@lola7.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:49:53 -0800 (PST)
John

Maybe - but F1 drivers are no more reclined than most
single seat cars of the last 30 years (and less so than 40
years ago). Certainly they are more reclined than NASCAR or
1959 Turners but Jim Downing now makes a 40deg HANS for
single seaters - I presume that is what Peter Winsor was
refering to although no doubt all F1 HANS are custom made.

The pedal/foot height only affects the lower leg angle not
the rest of the body.

Anyone know anything about the extra straps?

Derek