Re: 289 engine

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 289 engine
From: "David R. Mapes" <dmapes@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:57:05 -0500
Hi Chuck,

        I'm not specifically aware of any Canadian
Ford blocks (the Windsor plan IS in Candida).  I've
seen the the Mexican blocks though, and they're in-
distingushable from the HIPO 289 block with the larger
main caps and higher nodularity iron casting.  Ford
also offers a wide selection of sportsman race blocks
of course, if one is not completely wedded to the use
of a "production" block.  Unfortunately no one has
convinced the SCCA/SEB that a race block might actually
SAVE CP competitors money in the long run, so I am
wedded to that production block thing.

At 12:02 AM 10/29/02 -0500, you wrote:
>silly question here but are there "canadian" blocks in the ford line as
>there were in the chevrolet line?  i remember the canadian GM blocks had
>thicker walls and were a bit tougher than the run of the mill GM blocks.  it
>would make sense if fomoco did the samething to be hunting a ford equivelant
>?
>
>chuck.
All the Best!  Dave  ;^)
'66 Formula S Barracuda, CP/Vinatage
'66 C code Mustang Coup, CP
'91 Sundance, HS (150,000 miles and counting)
'97 Cherokee
Lame Horse Racing
College Park, MD
http://www.erols.com/dmapes/