Re: AN - 6 fuel line

To: mgbill@mgcarclub.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AN - 6 fuel line
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:31:53 EST
In a message dated 4/4/02 12:54:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mgbill@mgcarclub.com writes:

> Are any of you vintage racers running SU carbs with AN-6 fuel lines?
> If yes could you tell me what fittings & adapters you are using. I'm
> helping to get a vintage MG ready for this season and the owner  had
> someone  change  stock fuel lines at the carbs to AN-6 and there is about 3
> inches of brass fittings and adapters which to me looks like those little
> float lids will be under considerable stress & vibration during race

Remove all the fittings, yank out the brass pipe and drill and tap to 1/8"
pipe (this will "just" fit in about 90% of the covers, I lose on every once
in a while as it gets too thin from being originally fitted off center in the
material and cracks). You can then fit one fitting in the lid from 1/8" to
6AN male and attach your female 6AN on your hose to it. Additionally, I
support the hose to the carb body so that the weight of the hose is not
supported only by the fittings (yes I got left on the pregrid once when it
broke right at the lid!)

Full of gas myself...
        Nick in Nor Cal