Lotus 61 suspension setup

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lotus 61 suspension setup
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:29:35 -0800
This is directed to the Lotus formula Ford crowd.

I'm within just a few hours of being ready to drive my Lotus 61. I've aligned
the suspension according to the original 1969 data for the car, which consists
of 1/8" toe in front and rear, 2 degrees negative camber on all 4 wheels. And
I'll be using Dunlop (monoposto formula ford) approved tires.

Since the majority of my experience has been in sports cars, and since the
above alignment specs are 33 years old now, it's possible the factory
recommendations or local race tuners have found things that work better now
than they did then.

Anybody who would like to write back and share their own recommendations, I
would surely appreciate it..
    Carl