SimpleSevens, "The Clairmont Special" and etc...

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens, "The Clairmont Special" and etc...
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:34:20 -0800 (PST)
Greetings all...

To be honest, I've been quite busy lately and must
apologise that my report of visiting Sy Kaback and
driving Jeremy Fergusson's Dual Weber, 1600cc Seven
LSB 2097 must wait for the next update (it'll be worth
the wait, I promise!)

My current humble offering is the completion (for the
moment!) of a half dozen pages featuring the story and
photos supplied by Peter Ross, of the "Original" Lotus
MkVII. See http://www.simplesevens.com/clairmonte for
Mr Ross's recounting of the development and history of
this unique bit of Lotus history... You've read about
it in Ortenburger's "Legend of the Lotus Seven" and
seen it mentioned briefly in a couple other Lotus
books, but here is the first hand story from one of
Champman's merry gang of "volunteers!" He sent parts
of this to one of the lists a while back, but he sent
me the photos that go with it, so have a look!

In the works are two further biographies of
interesting Seven owner/racers:
Tom Yeager (see http://www.chicagosoft.com/tomyeager)
and
Jack Tripp with 4-car race team the "Antigua
Autosports Club" featuring his Lotus Seven IRS (yes,
that's independent rear suspension a la the "Lotus
Three-Seven"!)

And if that ain't enough, I'm chasing Gei Zantzinger
with emails all the way back to South flippin' Africa,
from where he has agreed, new knees and all, to help
with my Early East Coast Lotus Distributors project!

Great photos and stories to come, so stay tuned to
SimpleSevens.com for all your ORIGINAL Lotus Seven
information and entertainment! (sorry, got carried
away)

Oh, and if you've contacted me recently and I haven't
mentioned you, just reach out and slap me with an
email and I'll apologise profusely and get right on
it!

Cheers,
John Donohoe
Pushin' 60 degrees and Sunny in Michigan in Februray -
enough to make anybody a little goofy :-P
http://sports.yahoo.com