Cryo Treatments

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cryo Treatments
From: "Joseph Chimbolo" <Jchimbolo@att.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 22:04:22 -0800
How many are familiar with Cryo treating parts?  I am thinking about taking
the plunge.  I let others experiment with it over the past year before
trusting my Hewland parts to outer space conditions.

>From what I can see, it is absolutely the best investment you can make.  Does
anyone else have experience with this process?

I watched the guys at Former Glory in CT and the process seems to work.
Virtually no wear on motor parts, axel and valve train breakage has
disappeared.  Because the stuff was not breaking they actually ran more races,
including enduros, which put more hours on everything.

Perhaps someone else can explain it better, but the process makes the metal
more durable, not harder.  I dropped off my Hewland gears and engine internals
last week.  I'll report my results at the end of the season.  But Former Glory
seemed to have good luck with their own process.  They can explain it better
than I can.  If anyone wants to hear all the technical details call Former
Glory at 203-752-0558.