Re: Re: NASCAR vs. Vintage Racing? Part I

To: <Rick.Yocum@mail.sprint.com>, <dim1@home.com>, <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Re: NASCAR vs. Vintage Racing? Part I
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:01:32 -0500
Rick Yocum wrote:

> I don't condone cheating, but I enjoy the stories about it and the
> cleverness of it from an engineering standpoint. (Intellectual interest
> only, dontcha know)

My fave was the manifold found being used on a NASCAR restrictor-race
engine.
It was cast, at least in part, from a sintered metal material, highly
porous, which would flow a  hundred or so cfm of air right through the walls
of the manifold!   I won't vouch for the acuracy of this story but I do
admire the ingenuity!

Tony_______________________@Sherman.Texas