Re: Pedigree, etc

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pedigree, etc
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:12:18 EDT
In a message dated 19/07/01 7:59:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:

> With RMVR if the car was documented as having raced with that
> advertising it's OK.  If not it goes.  We are allowed max 24 sq. inch
> per ad, max 48 sq. inch per car.

If your car didn't race 'in the good old days' with advertising, why the hell
would you want to put it on now, unless you were trying to emulate/pass off
as another famous car that did?

I agree - the 'as raced' rule should apply, and if you can't show pictures of
YOUR car with ads on it, you shouldn't be able to plaster it with stuff. And
a 6 inch ad for Firestone would NOT justify anything larger, or anything
different today.

Bill