Re: MSD & other electronic ignitions

To: N <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: MSD & other electronic ignitions
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:56:51 -0500
In my reference to complexity I was thinking more of the current Stack
units and such.  Very complex.  My crew on the S 2000 wanted to know if
I wanted to rig up a radio in the car so I could talk to them, and them
to me.

I asked why would they want to talk to me?  They said that way they
could give me position and lap times.

I said, why do I need to know either.  I will be driving as fast as the
car will go and any information from them would not make the damn thing
go one second faster.

As to position, the same thing applies.  I will be where I am cause I am
driving as fast as the car will run.  Knowing I am first, third or last
won't change the lap times one bit.

Life tends to over complicate itself in direct proportion to the amount
of money someone has to spend on unneeded but complicated objects.

Larry Dent