Re: MSD

To: Carl McLelland <carlynneracing@home.com>
Subject: Re: MSD
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:45:17 -0500
I too sheered the flywheel bolts on my S 2000 at the Kettle Morane
regional last fall at "Elkhart.

An electronic limiter would have been nice since I pegged the telltake
on the tack at 10,000, not once, not twice, but three times till my
feeble brain figured out something was REALLY wrong, not just a missed shift.

BUT, the S 2000 engine will do that and not tag valves.  I simply
replaced the valve springs and rod bolts as a precaution and all was well.

And I still have the old points, coil and cond. in the distruibutor.  If
I were to go back to the 11,500 rpm Cosworth I ran some time back I
would certainly have a black box that was worth as much as my whole S
2000 engine and that fails far more often.

Larry Dent