Re: EGT measurements

To: Rick Cook <rccook16@voyager.net>, Vintage
Subject: Re: EGT measurements
From: pmeis@wfubmc.edu (Paul Meis)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:13:36 -0400
I have used EGT on a dual Weber equipped Honda S-800 and have found it
helpful. If you have two Webers, you will need at least two sensors to
evaluate the performance of a cylinder from both carbs. In general, the idea
seems to be to go for the highest temps and then back off one jet size to
avoid a mixture too lean. On my engine, the temps I tried to get were
1200-1300 degrees. If you have access to a dyno, it may be worth the time
and money to find your optimum range before going to the track.
Paul Meis, 69 NTM-Honda D-sports