RE: Vintage Racing?

To: John Rosevear <jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com>
Subject: RE: Vintage Racing?
From: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:31:41 -0500
SCCA racing, is racing.  But I must say the vintage race community has
thier head in the sand these days.
I don't see that "vintage spirit" too often any more.  I see many torn up
race cars at every vintage race.  Possibly
more than at an SCCA race.  I am sure the cost of repair is much greater.
And cheating!  Please.  Vintage rarely
checks motors.  How many FF's have 5 spd gearboxes and other questionable
engines.  We won't even get to the
other vintage cars.

So no one group is better than another.  Cheating is part of racing, always
has been.  As for respect, I don't know
that SCCA drivers don't respect others.  But they are out there for the
same thing, to win.  Sometimes vintage is a little
scary when you see 5 or 6 guys who know how to drive, running at 110% out
there with someone who is just taking a drive.

If you ask me the HSR/LRP fall festival looked like an SCCA race or PCA
club meet.  So you should just run SCCA, stick around
afterwards and have a beer.

John Rosevear <jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com>@autox.team.net on
03/28/2001 10:44:03 AM

Please respond to John Rosevear <jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com>