Re: Looking for Arnolt-Bristol....a "Wacky" idea!

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for Arnolt-Bristol....a "Wacky" idea!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:52:19 EST
In a message dated 09/01/01 9:28:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, LMR356@aol.com
writes:

> Not too much you can do for a 2,100 lb  fully developed Bristol
> 120 hp, 1971cc, six cyl. of 1939 vintage... with mediocre drum brakes.

I have a picture on my office wall, of my MGA having just passed an AC with
Bristol engine at Portland, and believe me, they can be a pretty fast
combination, and hard to beat, albeit somewhat lighter and with better brakes
than the Arnolt. You can certainly get more than 120 bhp out of them if you
want to, but as I recall from the few times I have run with the Arnolt (early
80s at Laguna Seca, as I recall) they weren't all that slow even with the
stock engine when driven with vigour - certainly pretty good in the early 50s
class, anyway.

Interesting old cars!

Bill S.
MGA Twincam