Re: brake bleeders

To: rodgers356@email.msn.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake bleeders
From: NeotoyRick@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:23:10 EST
In a message dated 11/5/00 11:48:48 AM, rodgers356@email.msn.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any experience with the bleed screws with the check ball
which are supposed to allow one man bleeding?  Do they really work so you
trust using them to thoroughly perform the function on a race car?

Any experiences appreciated.

Ted Rodgers >>

I have used the Russell bleeders from Jegs.com for about $10/pair.  I race a
356 Porsche which uses 2 per caliper.  That is about $40 for the car.  They
work great.  I recommend this product highly. I'm at the end of my third
season (~10 race weekends/season) with no failures.  However I do keep a
couple of sets on hand for spares, just in case.  Not only is it handy to
have this product to aid in a typical 'one man' operation, sometimes its
better (and faster) when you have a product or tool that helps you do your
mainainance without the help of friends and family.  I used to have more
brake problems when people "helped" me bleed the brakes.

Go get 'em.

Rick Gurolnick
1960 Porsche 356 Roadster