Re: brake bleeders

To: rodgers356@email.msn.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake bleeders
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 04:34:15 EST
In a message dated 11/5/00 9:48:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rodgers356@email.msn.com writes:

<<
 Does anyone have any experience with the bleed screws with the check ball
 which are supposed to allow one man bleeding?  Do they really work so you
 trust using them to thoroughly perform the function on a race car?

 Any experiences appreciated.

 Ted Rodgers

I have never tried the bleed screws - it would cost too much to put a set on
every car I own or may/will own.  Instead, I use a vacuum bleeder.  It hooks
up to your air compressor and you suck the brake fluid out of the system.
Its also great for removing old brake fluid from the master cylinder.  Moss
motors sells them.  I got mine from Snap On, they run about $85.  Guaranteed
one man operation.

Rod Schweiger