Re: Moron the "Whatizzit Special"

To: "thom kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>, <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Moron the "Whatizzit Special"
From: "Bob Schmitt" <bob.schmitt@sainthood.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 15:04:45 -0800
Hi Thom & all -

Well, it only took 8 months, but I've got a firm ID on this car, which was
at the Italian-French concours at Woodley Park today.  It's a "Damilla", and
the model is a "DML Special", year "1953".  But the owner's note said "made
from various parts" and he is Ron Lawless.

I didn'tr see the owner today, but wrote back in March that I had talked to
him a few years ago at the "Le Cercle Concours" and he described how he
built it over several years.

Sorry, no more details!

Bob

PS Nice show!