Re: Looking for information about 1970 Mallock Mark 11

To: <etyugo@aol.com>, <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for information about 1970 Mallock Mark 11
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:12:29 -0400
I don't think anyone at the amatuer level was using slicks in 1970. Don't
remember when the switch happened, but I remember friends racing a Sprite in
about 72 with the old asteric pattern Firestone Super Sport Indys and Goodyear
Blue Streaks.

Roger

>>> "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com> 09/19/00 01:28AM >>>
Dear List:

One of our regular entrants in the Florida SCCA Vintage program has just
acquired a 1970 Mallock Mark 11, Chassis # 8, with a 1600 Kent crossflow
engine.  He has asked my help in determining what the proper wheel and
tire sizes and types are for 1970.  Did they run slicks on the Mallocks
in 1970?  Is the engine right for the year?  Any good reference sites?

I seem to remember a discussion about Mallocks on the list not that long
ago - a shame I didn't save it...

Any/all information will be appreciated.

*8o)

John A. Rollins
Vintage Race Coordinator, Florida Region SCCA