Spirit of Vintage Racing

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spirit of Vintage Racing
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:41:02 -0500
I hate to get into this again, we do it this time every year, but what
the ...

> With the popularity of Goodwood, I would think many groups and drivers would
>be even more interested in
period authentic.

Did you catch the GT race at Goodwood on Speedvision? Was there any
question how hard those cars were being driven? Did you see how many had
mechanical failures or ended up with dents?
Well, there was no doubt that was vintage RACING.

If you put any normal group of drivers in racecars on a track and wave a
green flag, WYSIWYG!

You just hope they are competent and remain courteous.

Only other choice is to spike the water with tranqs...

Ciao, Jim
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim/jim.htm