Re: Shop Floor

To: cobra@airmail.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop Floor
From: Jimmysmth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:02:38 EST
Richard:  I used PPG Aquapon Polyamide-Epoxy.  This is a two part and goes on
with a roller.  I used this on my new garage floor about 8 years ago, and it
is still excellent.  I have spilled gasoline, oil, even dot 4 brake fluid and
even when it sits several hours it just wipes clean, with no damage.  Hot
tires do not cause it to lift.   To apply, I cleaned the concrete floor with
muriatic acid, rinsed and dried well, then applyed the coating.  I recall the
cost about $70/gal for the color, and $40/gal for the catalyst.  I used one
gallon of each (total two gallons) for a 24 x 21 floor.

Do not use the cheap water based stuff.  You'll be sorry.

Good Luck

Jim