shop air

To: "vintage" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, "356" <356talk@356registry.org>,
Subject: shop air
From: "Ted Rodgers" <rodgers356@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:19:14 -0800
Finally got my large air compressor and would like to plumb my garage to
bring air to several points instead of dragging the air hose around.  The
conventional solution seems to be galvanized pipe or copper, but I've heard
that some people have used plastic successfully, which might be easier to
install.  I know they're not using Schedule 40 PVC or the like but is there
another readily available material which might be preferable?

Also, are 1/2 inch lines adequate for most any common air tools or should I
run 3/4 all the way from the compressor?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any advice or experience.

Ted Rodgers