Re: tech: noise reduction

To: Gavin Ivory <G_Ivory@beutel-can.com>
Subject: Re: tech: noise reduction
From: mark w roper <markwroper@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:09:57 +0000
If its any help I have a 71 911 that used to have 2 X  2" dia 3 into 1 with 3"
dia X 18" long straight through silencers, which just of tick over was 112db. I
tried to quieten it with super trap discs but all it did was kill the power.

I now have the 2, 3 into 1's turning through 90 degrees, one crossing over the
other through a 24" oval silencer that has two 2" straight through pipes, when
they exit they turn down to the ground. this has reduced the noise by a huge
amount and I think, improved torque! the other advantage is that it's harder to
get the sound test equipment  on to the tail pipe.

Mark Roper