How big can a race car be? (Was: Unleaded and all that)

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: How big can a race car be? (Was: Unleaded and all that)
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:47:52 -0800
Out here in the west, we have a certified FIA Comet that ran the
East African Safari rally, and then did duty as a family car for
many years before going back to racing. John Kerby-Miller has a
whale (literally) of a time in it. For true dueling Titans, you
need to catch the action of the Fabulous Hudson Hornet of Ivan
Zaremba dicing with a '51 Caddy. Elephants on parade! ;=)

OK, so you were in a Sprite on the track with the Chevelle. The
Hornet-Caddy duel was being dogged by a group of 3-wheel Morgans!
I liken that to fleas chasing a dog...