Re: VDCA

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VDCA
From: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:06:02 -0500
At 07:23 PM 11/01/1999 EST, JHarkness@aol.com wrote:
>Received in the mail today an invite to a vintage race at Roebling Road in
>December, put on by the Vintage Driver's Club of America.  Had not heard of
>them before.  Anyone on the list have any input as to who they are,
>objectives, funding, etc.?  Might be nice to have an alternative to the
>rapidly deteriorating SVRA here in the East.  Any input appreciated.  John
>Harkness, 59 TR3A, 63 Formcar.

I,too, received a letter. It did mention that Alex Quattlebaum's Pig Roast
would be an attraction. Alex was President(?) of SVRA at one time, so I
sort of  assumed this might be a spin off from SVRA by some unsatisfied
members. Probably the wrong assumption, but could be logical. I would
relish another group in the Southeast to race with other than HSR and SVRA.
The Glen and Sebring are just too far for me to go. Roebling in December
could be rather uncomfortably cold and damp, tho.

Looking forward to more info on this group,

Bob Spruck