Re: re: Hensley Arrow

To: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: re: Hensley Arrow
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:34:35 PST
[from Calvin Krug]
>If this device is what I think, I may have seen one or two.  The appartaus
>I saw  a few years ago in effet extended the trailer tongue, so that the
>pivot point was very close to the rear axle of the tow vehicle.  The
>standard hitch mechanism was held in line with some bars which resembled an
>equalizing hitch.

You are describing another type of hitch which tries to emulate
fifth wheel towing. (Hitch over axle)

the Hensley uses a standard receiver on the tow vehicle, everything
is attached to that.  No vehicle mods are needed.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.