Re: Tow vehicle - Hensley Arrow

To: derek.lola@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle - Hensley Arrow
From: "Dick Buckingham, Jr." <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:06:09 -0800
Derek, if you look at the schematic, you will see that it is an
equalizer hitch first of all so you get all of the advantages of that.
Secondly, the trailer is hooked to a ball which is mounted on an
articulated platform.  However, the platform can't be moved by input
from the trailer side.  It can only be moved from the other side i.e.
the tow vehicle when it changes it's relationship to the platform by
turning the tow vehicle in relationship to the towed vehicle either by
going forward around a corner or by going backwards and making an angle
between the tow vehicle and that which is towed.  I have sent off for
the video.  If after looking at the video, I am wrong in my
interpretation, I will post that on the list.  I still think it seems
like a neat idea albeit expensive and complicated.  Also, I am in total
agreement with you that if you have a proper tow vehicle, a good
trailer, proper weight distribution in both vehicles, and a good
equalizer hitch, then you don't have many problems.  I have the two
anti-sway friction devices just for additional peace of mind like belt
and suspenders.  Dick