Re: Tow vehicle - Hensley Arrow

To: "Dick Buckingham, Jr." <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle - Hensley Arrow
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:39:51 -0500
Dick Buckingham, Jr. wrote:
> The new style hitch
> that you mentioned - the Hensley Arrow looks very neat.  I have seen it
> at the dealer's showroom but not on a vehicle.  The principle is very
> neat.  The towing vehicle and the towed vehicle are kept in a straight
> line unless the towed vehicle alters the arrangement by turning.  The
> towed vehicle can't initiate the change.  Pretty smart design, I think.
> Dick

Dick
1. What do you think the Hensley Arrow actually does? After it was
mentioned earlier in this thread I went to their web site, studied their
advertsiing blurb, and left totally unconvinced - mumbo-jumbo about
converging links or something. I posted a request asking if anyone
actually knew what it does - or rather how it does it - but so far no
one has responded.
2. Like many people I know I am totally against any of the current "sway
control" gadgets [except maybe as a temporary fix to get you home]. I
strongly believe these give you "false security" and that one must
ensure one's rig is properly balanced etc etc - then it WILL track true.

Derek