Re: Beaulieu 2000

To: "Vaughn Rockney" <vintagegarage@erols.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beaulieu 2000
From: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@xara.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:05:10 +0100
+ The spring meet is 6/7 May 2000 and the fall meet is 9/10 September 2000.
+ Could one of our UK members who has been to both meets in the past report
+ back to the list on the relative comparison of the two meets.  Do the
+ same vendors go to both autojumbles, what is the relative size of the two,
+ do you prefer one to the other, and so on.. thanks!

    I haven't been to either of the meets, but I believe that the Autumn
event is the larger of the two. I think that they hold an auction at the
September meet too.

+ Also, are there any comparable autojumbles in the winter?  Is there going
+ to be one at the NEC this January?  If so, how will it compare to
Beaulieu?

    I think that the NEC meet is far smaller, since it only fills a single
hall. If you were thinking of coming over, bear in mind that the Autosports
International show is held sometime in the middle of January, and you'd get
a chance to go parts shopping there too.

    The two major classic car shows of the year are held there in November
and May, and each contain about half a hall's worth of autojumble.

        Graeme