Re: Fw: Racing in the Fifties and early 60's.

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Racing in the Fifties and early 60's.
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:28:10 EDT
Hi Kas.  You bet some of us care and we respect your opinions.  I too was
active in the early 60`s in the Washington DC region and would love to see
the rules that you and Greg are talking about.  One of the really big
problems these days is that there are so many clubs running vintage races and
they all use different rules.  Inspection is also very inconsistant.  Perhaps
someone could direct this thread to the high muckie-mucks of all of the clubs.
I have no problem with people building new race cars,  it is the new
technology and latest tricks that I find objectionable.  I started with a
bone stock Morgan +4 on cheap Pirellis.  It was my only transportation and it
won races.  Surely it was just as much fun as a mega-buck super zoot dry
sumped new antique in an 18 wheel transporter and a damn site cheaper and
easier.
IF we were truly "vintage" we would race the cars "as were" and far more
people would be encouraged to participate in this rich mans sport.
Best Regards,
 Don Greimel