Re: FORMULA FORD STARTER QUESTION

To: ok3wire@ixpres.com
Subject: Re: FORMULA FORD STARTER QUESTION
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:50:28 EDT

<<
 A good way to solve any Lucas problem is to not use a Lucas part.  That
 particular Lucas starter design is an artifact from the '20s or '30s.  I
 sniveled out after XX # of push starts and now have a Japanese starter
 conversion on my trusty '69 Lotus 61E - no clearanace or inertia problems.

 Dave Mericle >>

Dave,

I have the same on my 1964 MGB and it starts like a NASCAR everytime.  I
agree, get rid of the Lucas junk.

Rod Schweiger
#119 MGB Sebring counterfit cover of Sept.'99 Victory Lane