formula ford question

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: formula ford question
From: Terry Green <tmgreen@fwb.gulf.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:43:32 -0500
Hi
 I posted the following question on the autox board and did not get a
response, I know that a  lot of folks have vintage formula ford, if
anyone can help i would sure appreciate it, thanks

 At the last solo one i ground off the teeth on the starter of my
formula ford, The flywheel was not damage.I had just taken it apart and
made sure that the gear barrel assembly was clean and free, at first i
thought that i might of hit the starter switch when i shifted.. A friend

told me that under heavy breaking that the gear assembly moves forward..

he also told me of a spring loaded device to stop it from moving forward

until the starter is energized,... anyone know about this .

also what would be a good ratio for first and second for autox, rp=9.31.

thanks for any help
terry green
rp31#64