Reflections....

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Reflections....
From: Mactds@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:32:42 EDT
SNIP>
To have more than one set of flag rules in existence in the fastest
growing segment of motor sports is gross madness. SCCA never did that.
Boy, they are totally consistent, and you can race anywhere in the
country with SCCA knowing that the flag rules are the same.

Try that again - I have flagged all over North America and I have always
asked and still do "what is the session stoppage dejour" - and let me tell
you it varies from track to track, region to region, division to division.
Oh, and wait ten minutes some operating steward will come along and change
their mind halfway through the day.

The great flagging debate has been around since race cars started spinning
out. Flaggers alike have been wanting consistency for generations, and, guess
what? we're not getting any closer... Do I personally agree with the current
status? Not at all - I just do the best I can when I'm out there.

Maura