Re: Flight at Lemans

To: "Langsten" <langsten@mediaone.net>, <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Subject: Re: Flight at Lemans
From: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@mail.xara.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:14:09 +0100
+ Group 44 had a GT6+, anybody know where that car is, or what happened
+ to it?

    There was a Spitfire that ran at Le Mans (I think that it was ADU 4B),
which looked like a GT6 on account of its fast back style hard top. The
car was advertised in the back of Classic and Sports Car earlier this
year for an ungodly sum. I think that it was living in California at the
time.

    A similar car, but with a history in the Tour de France came up for
sale in France last year, for a much lower sum, which I remember was
about $15,000, although it needed a complete restoration. Yes, I was
very tempted...

        Graeme