Re: LRP Weekend

To: "Richard W Waite" <acace@juno.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LRP Weekend
From: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:24:09 -0400
> As usual, highs and lows. Unfortuneately the lows were real low as a good
> friend and fellow racer Bill Davis dropped dead of a heart attack just
> after a practice session on Friday.  Bill had restored the prototype Elva
> Mark IV over a five year period and was still working out the bugs.
> Although realtively new to vintage racing, Bill had raced SCCA events in
> the 70's.

Was this the same Bill Davis who owned and raced my GT6 in the mid 70's?
Alas, if it is I lost a friend I had not yet met.

Does anyone know if he ever owned such a car?  Was he from upstate NY?

In any event, we have lost a fellow racer.  Any such loss is sad, but I only
hope that I can be surrounded by friends, doing what I love to do right up
to the last minute.  I pray it was thus for him.

John Lehman
'68 Triumph GT6