Lime Rock Dodge Festival

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Lime Rock Dodge Festival
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:14:12 EDT
Howdy,

I haven't seen much in this forum about this event, it was a great one
even though (or in my case because) it rained!

I don't have time for a full report yet, but it was fun trying
to run with the powerful Vettes, Shelbys, Cobras, etc with
my stock 2.7 engine. I qualified poorly in 14th out of about 30 cars,
at the back of a big group close to the same time but about 1/2
second slower than I had run in the practice.

But that was in the dry - it rained hard before our race so I popped on
some Toyos and was able to pass about 10 cars on the 1st
lap and move up to 3rd overall behind Brian Redman (!) in a Capri,
and Bob Herbert in an XKE. I was gaining on them for several laps
and was able to hold on to my position, we nearly lapped the entire field.

Other races were mostly dry though a few were VERY wet!

It was nice to meet a lot of people there, hope to see more of you
at the SVRA Glen event this weekend where I won't have to battle
the big V8s again (hooray!)

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

www.analogman.com/911 - my racing pages including a little on this LRP race

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com