RE: crack-up--historics, not Hill

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: crack-up--historics, not Hill
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:40:11 -0500
Mark Godfrey wrote:

> I was at another part of the track during the "incident" at turn 2 in
group
> 4a, but my friends tell me it started with a spin, and S.Moss (DBR1) could

> not avoid contact--though he *was* charging hard from the back.

I was in another part of the _world_ but I do have the tape of at least
three different camera angles showing the incident (including the in-car
camera in Stirling's car). I won't debate the exact sequence, but what your
friends describe is clearly NOT an accurate account of what happened. By the
time Stirling broadsided the spinning Ol' Yeller, he'd already collided with
at least one other car.

> Disclosure: I do hope to profit by keeping the P. Hill reputation from
being
> maligned. . .

Me too.

Jim Hill