RE: Histrionics - um, I meant Monterey

To: Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu
Subject: RE: Histrionics - um, I meant Monterey
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:57:50 -0500

There comes a time in life when a person is no longer everything
they once were. It is a fact of Life. The tendency of the human mind
is not to acknowledge it. And this may not be a popular viewpoint.

All Moss's victories, his trophies, the legendary on-track battles,
all the truly classic cars he's raced, his driving skills and prowess,
his well-earned respect of others, and all the accolades showered
on him over his glorious career are well documented.

He's a Legend and he's still with us, for which we are all enriched
(depending upon which activities he chooses to participate in).

But wouldn't some of you agree that nowadays he should have
the maturity to say "I've had a helluva run" and graciously accept
the usual Grand Marshal duties, drive the wheels off a vintage/classic
pace car from time to time, and be a darn good speaker at banquets?

If you're a former champion - and still a good driver -  it shows!
If you've lost the "edge" in on-track decision making - it shows!

Like someone else mentioned... Brian Redman can still drive a race
car effectively. The overall evidence of recent on-track performances
is that Stirling no longer can drive a race car effectively.

Just my humble opinion (and prepared to pay for it).

Greg
58 Bugeye