Re: SU Carbs

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 07:50:10 -0500
Neil,

I am one of the crowd who always had a problem filling the tube to a point
which I could not see.  An old-timer advised me to fill the tube to the
point where when under only the force of gravity the piston will stop
descending at a point where the cap is 1/4 in. above its ultimated
destination.  That is, you need exert physical pressure on the cap for only
its last 1/4 in. of movement as you push it down into position.

I find this a simple and quick mode, as compared with removing the dashpots,
but I would be very much interested in how well it comports with your
experience in filling it by removing the dashpots.  Does it sound about
right?

Jim Brown
Houston