Re: SU Carbs

To: CooperS66@aol.com, mini-list@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 23:40:13 EDT
my take on the oil in the S.U. is that it acts like a shock absorber to
control part throttle flutter. my  full race  carbs do not have oil in them
at all.   correct me if I am wrong but S.U.s  function well with 4 psi fuel
pressure, best to run higher pressure (7psi) from the pump up to a regulator
w/guage located under the bonnet set a 4 psi............this assures adequate
fuel to the float bowl in all "on track" situations
I send this to all the list so my I may get corrected if not completely
acurate