Re: More Tires and Goo

To: mhaynes@ball.com
Subject: Re: More Tires and Goo
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:58:37 EDT
For what it is worth,

I have R1s on my MGB and I like the performance and the good wear qualities.
I don't like the way they pick up the track sealer at Thunderhill.  It seems
that SCCA is very big on the sealing of this new track surface with what
else? Yes tar.  The sticky R1s get warm and load up with this stuff every
time I run that track.  The tar is deposited in layers and when you get out
on the track with all this stuff on your tires, the result is that the car is
very evil.  Sears Point - No problems.  This last Saturday's race at Buchanan
Field (airport race) cleaned up my tires almost immediately and the tire
performance was surpurb.

My friend, Paul Watts, who also has an MGB but 008s didn't have a problem
with the tar build up whereas Malcom Cox with Yokos did, so go figure it.

Rod Schweiger