Re: VARAC - Vintage Racing Festival '50'

To: "Vaughn Rockney" <vintagegarage@erols.com>
Subject: Re: VARAC - Vintage Racing Festival '50'
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:18:03 -0400
Note that Vaughn in no way implies that he will also eat a McMosport - I
fear this is a transparent ploy to incapacitate all those who have potential
to beat him in the Sunday race!  The only fair thing to do is for Vaughn to
not only eat a McMosport himself, but to in fact buy one for ALL
vintage-race members!  Only this will ensure that fair and equitable
competition will prevail...

Cheers, Brian

At 05:27 PM 5/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Vintage-Race listers,
>  This afternoon, I sent in my entry to the VARAC Festival.  Folks, this is
>the big one.. don't miss it!  Best organizers, best track, best track food,
>most track time, best weather, best marshals, best drivers, lowest entry
>fee.
>
>  If you need any more incentive, I post this challenge just for
>vintage-race list members:
>
>  "On Sunday morning, July 4, I will buy a McMosport for any vintage-race
>list member who beats my best Friday or Saturday lap time at the Festival.
>Just bring this email and your best Friday or Saturday lap time to the
>Paddock Restaurant on Sunday morning to collect."
>
>Vaughn

Brian Evans
Director, Global Sales
UUNET, An MCI WorldCom Company