Fuel Cell Help

To: "vintage-race-digest" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Cell Help
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 00:12:57 -0500
As I get closer to completion of converting my MGB from street-only to
street & track, I've run into a couple of dilemma (dilemmae?).

Should I have a bladder made to fit my existing gas tank?  (Is that SVRA
legal Jack?)  Or, should I have a fuel cell custom made to fit the usual
fuel tank space?

I know that most racers have their tanks in the trunk.  But, since I use
this car on the street too, I do need a spare tire in the trunk.  And,
stock-size cells are far too deep, and of too little capacity.

Also, where is a safe & logical place to mount a safety switch?  I'm
thinking that one answer may be to mount it on the trunk lid, and change to
another trunk lid for the street.  Imagine the fun I would have stopped at a
traffic light in beautiful downtown Bridgeport, Connecticut with a safety
switch easily accessable to passersbys.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB, etc.