Re: desktop thrills!

To: S800Racer@aol.com
Subject: Re: desktop thrills!
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:01:35 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 S800Racer@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/29/98 4:10:37 PM, schaiken@e-chemicals.com wrote:
>
> <<I wonder if everyone is engrossed in some 'off-season' desktop thrill
> equivalent...............I'm playing with Grand Prix Legends ......what a
> trip!>>

        Guilty as charged! I bought GPL just after Thanksgiving... I have
        been playing with it on and off ever since. It's super! unfortunately
        my computer keeps dumping me back to the desktop at odd moments during
        play... I think I'm going to have to try a different video card
        to see how it reacts. I was a bit surprised that I would have
        problems. My PC is relatively new (bought in September) and is no
        "slouch" (400MHz, 256Meg RAM). As I mentioned, though my video
        card is a 8mb unit, while it should be sufficient to run the game
        I think it's the culprit and will go with the recommended VooDoo2
        12 MB card as soon as I can Scrape the funds together.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois